Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) and Integrated Care Board Development (ICB)
The Leadership Academy will support Integrated Care Systems with ICB and ICP Board development and systems OD for all levels of ICS subsidiarity.
A co-production approach will enable tailored options that reflect local need, however, a high-level approach will encompass:
- Table-top review of evidence of evolving Board performance and effectiveness
- Observation of Board performance
- Conduct interviews with key staff
- Board self-assessment of performance
- Identify and agree gaps/areas for development in Board function
- Match to national/regional support offer and build Board Development Programme
- Identify requirement for external/specialist input to Board Development Programme
This is a funded offer from the Leadership Academy, including support to source/contract external/specialist facilitation. Expected outcomes include:
- Progression against System Development Tool indicating evolving maturity
- Outstanding performance (or movement towards) system quality of leadership indicator
- Leadership competencies and behaviours that reflect Our Leadership Way
ICS Board Development
Leading this fundamental shift towards statutory ICS development requires a systems organisational development approach, at all levels of subsidiarity. However, the ICB and ICP, will play a pivotal role in governing effectively to build patient, citizen and communities confidence that their wellbeing, health and care is in safe hands.
This is also at a time of unprecedented time of pandemic, recovery and unmet/pent up need, when the ICS will face historically unrivalled challenges.
Role of Board
For further information on how we can support ICS Board development please contact [email protected]
The presentation below gives further detail on an outline approach: