The strong relationship between leadership capability and performance is well demonstrated in the evidence. Good leadership leads to a good organisational climate and good organisational climates lead, via improved staff satisfaction and loyalty, to sustainable, high performing organisations.
The updated NHS Healthy Board guide has been enormously enriched by the insights of experienced, thoughtful leaders of NHS, regulatory and patient advocacy organisations who have generously responded to our call to contribute their time and their wisdom. We hope that boards of NHS organisations will find that it can also serve as a cornerstone for your board development.
As individual Board Members you may opt to apply for and access the Director Programme offer.
As individuals and as a Board it may be useful to undertake individual 360 feedback and also consider this as a whole Board to better understand the strengths, dynamics and areas for development.
- How can boards ensure a positive organisational culture – The Kings Fund, November 2014.
- Well-led NHS foundation trusts: a framework for structuring governance reviews
- Well Led Framework – Assessment – statement of intent
- Well Led Framework – Governance Reviews
- NHS Healthcare Leadership Model
- NHS Leadership Academy – The Healthy NHS Board