Primary care services, including dental practices, community pharmacies and optometrists, play a pivotal role in patient care. It is our role within the Leadership and Lifelong Learning team to support the development of collaborative and compassionate leadership. We work collaboratively with a range of Primary Care stakeholders nationally and within the East of England region, for example, Primary Care Training Hubs, Primary Care Networks, Practice Managers, and other systems leaders within Integrated Care systems.
Within our Primary Care leadership development offer, we strive to reflect the diverse cultural and socio-economic landscape of the region. We work together as a system to shape the Primary Care leadership development agenda.
Masterclasses for 2023:
Population Health Management Masterclasses – Jan 2023-July 2023 (These events are now closed): COVID19 has brought to wider consciousness inequalities in different areas from healthcare to technology. Population health brings significant concerns into focus and introduces ways that resources can be allocated to overcome problems that drive poor health conditions. This programme of masterclasses will support individuals and teams to have a solid understanding of Population Health Management and the importance of it in addressing inequalities, workforce planning and embedding population health with your system. Our sessions aim to be interactive, to give participants the opportunity to explore perspectives from a collaborative approach.
- These 90 minutes masterclasses help you tackle some of the health and workforce inequalities from a regional, local and national level to support you build and adopt a population health management approach in your day-to-day work. The Programme is a collaborative work of five NHS England Leadership & Lifelong Learning Teams. This series of masterclasses will be accessible across NHS England’s five regions East of England, Midlands, London, Southeast and Northwest.
- Please note that each masterclass topic was offered seven times with optional dates for you to choose from, see attachment and links below for dates and times for each session
- Population Health Management and Health Inequalities Masterclass – https://midlands.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/event/population-health-management-and-health-inequalities-masterclass-12/
- Strategic Workforce Planning and Population Health Management Masterclass https://midlands.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/event/strategic-workforce-planning-and-population-health-management-masterclass/
- Techniques to embed Population Health Management approaches in day-to-day work Masterclass – https://midlands.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/event/population-health-management-and-health-inequalities-mastercalss/
Training hubs provide the infrastructure for multi-professional training and education in primary care to support recruitment, retention and return of all staff groups. Training hubs bring together NHS organisations, community representatives, local authorities, and education providers to deliver a much broader education platform than the more traditional single approach.
Click here for further information here.
Every Primary Care Network (PCN) will have access to training hub resources. Our local offices are best placed to implement initiatives that allow some variation in approach through a common operating model across England.
Email [email protected] for more information or see below for regional and local office contacts.