We aim to lead on making inclusion a reality within the NHS. We’ll do this through investment in excellent, knowledgeable and capable leadership.
We know that diversity and inclusion leads to improved health and greater staff and patient experiences of the NHS, and we welcome the challenge of enabling staff from all backgrounds to develop and excel in their roles. From those just starting out to more senior colleagues, we’re here to support every staff member to develop their potential and to promote leadership at every level. We’re playing our part in addressing underrepresentation at senior levels and ensuring that the NHS truly represents our diverse patient population now and into the future.
More details about inclusion, equality and diversity nationally can be found here
Information on staff networks can be found here
Useful links and resources
- Workforce Race Equality Standard
- Workforce Disability Equality Standard
- Workforce race inequalities and inclusion in NHS providers
- Creating a personal, fair and diverse NHS
- RCN Cultural Ambassador Programme
- TRUST an essential ingredient for effective and inclusive leadership in the NHS
- Building positive workplace cultures in the NHS