We aim to lead on making inclusion a reality within the NHS. We’ll do this through investment in excellent, knowledgeable and capable leadership.
We know that diversity and inclusion leads to improved health and greater staff and patient experiences of the NHS, and we welcome the challenge of enabling staff from all backgrounds to develop and excel in their roles. From those just starting out to more senior colleagues, we’re here to support every staff member to develop their potential and to promote leadership at every level. We’re playing our part in addressing underrepresentation at senior levels and ensuring that the NHS truly represents our diverse patient population now and into the future.
Over the last few years 62 participants across the east of England have successfully completed the Managing Equality and Diversity in an Organisation ILM level 4 programme. Please see details and videos from events held on 14 June 2018 and 7 March 2019 with these groups.
For information on inclusive leadership development programmes in the east of England, please contact [email protected]
More details about inclusion, equality and diversity nationally can be found here
Information on BAME networks can be found here
Useful links and resources
- Making the difference: Diversity and inclusion in the NHS
- Building a diverse workforce
- Creating a personal, fair and diverse NHS
- Celebrating diversity
- NHS Workforce Race Equality Standards
- Inclusive leadership in the NHS – podcast
- e-Learning for Helathcare: Equality and Diversity Project Summary
- Inclusive Leadership Report – Exec Summary March 2016
- NHS Women on Boards report
- Explaining levels of wellbeing in BME populations in England
- TRUST an essential ingredient for effective and inclusive leadership in the NHS