Leading for Change Programme – Leadership Training for Patient and Public Representatives
Non-urgent advice: New dates for 2021
Leading for Change: A free four-day leadership virtual classroom programme for patient and public voices in the NHS
Day 1 – 15/02/2021 09.30 – 14.30
Day 2 – 17/02/2021 09.30 – 14.30
Day 3 – 03/03/2021 09.30 – 14.30
Day 4 – 31/03/2021 09.30 – 14.30
These sessions will be interactive to build relationships and model the behavioural techniques learnt on the course. If you are interested in this workshop and would like to develop your skills to make a difference across the healthcare system, apply here.
This fully funded programme is open to Citizen Senate members and non-members alike and has been designed to support public and patient representatives across the East of England to hone their leadership skills gain confidence and understanding in their role as system influencers and leaders.
For more details about the programme please contact the Chair of the Citizens’ Senate, Trevor Fernandes on [email protected] or call on 07847 344753
Patient Engagement Programme
The Patient Engagement is a four day programme run by the citizens senate www.eoecitizenssenate.org aimed at updating existing skills and develop new skills in order to enable effective collaboration and partner Health professionals at the top levels of the participation ladder. The programme content will help gain confidence to engage in conversations and to have value next to the people who are senior leaders in the NHS:
- to support Capability and confidence and influence decisions in CCG’s & STP’s.
- build on Confidence & Knowledge to enable engagement & feedback.
- change the decisions in patient care. www.eoecitizenssenate.org
For more details about the programme please contact the chair of the Citizen Senate Trevor Fernandes on [email protected] on 07847 344753.
Experience of Care Partners
Supporting the NHS Leadership Academy allows you to make a difference to the experience that NHS staff undertaking leadership development have. It improves the ways in which they communicate and engage and make decisions with and for patients, carers and staff. Click here for more information.
Patient and Citizen Leadership Resources
- NHS Citizen
- Diverse and Inclusive Participation: A Bitesize Guide
- Leadership Development as a Patient Leader by Gordon Cairns, Patient Leader
- Patients as Partners published by Kings Fund
- Patient leadership: Taking patient experience to the next level?
- NHS England – Improving Experience of Care through people who use services
- The King’s Fund – Shared responsibility for health: the cultural change we need