It’s all about the people
Our next Talent Community of Practice (TCoP) will be confirmed shortly. If you would like to join us please contact us at [email protected]
Please apply to join the Talent Community Collaborative Network on our Futures site at Talent Community Collaborative Network – East of England – FutureNHS Collaboration Platform
Terms of Reference
Our Ambition for Talent is that it mobilises the many, rather than a special few, which unleashes potential across the whole workforce driving greater retention, skill development, mobility and pipelines to critical roles within and across each ICS, enabling and supporting whole system talent management.
Our purpose is to…
Work collaboratively to agree and embed a common approach to identifying, developing and deploying our talented people across the system. This will enable us to deliver a health and social care system around the needs of patients and communities. We do this through inspiring new thinking, sharing expertise and fostering new initiatives that create and spread new knowledge practices and capabilities.
Our aims and objectives are to….
• Agree our definition of talent management
• Co-create and make the best use of the tools and resources we have available to us to identify, develop and retain our talented people
• Jointly identify our current and future people/leadership requirements
• Build local talent footprints at ICS level in response to local workforce needs and priorities. This will support systems and organisations to identify and grow their own talent and deploy and retain talent across organisational boundaries
• Know where our critical vacancies are, and work together to share and deploy our talented people to fill our critical roles
• Influence our organisations and systems to engage more effectively in local talent management approaches. Working to influence a shift in mindset to a system wide approach and a culture of seeing all our people in terms of talent and potential
Our Ways of Working…
Aligned to regional and national talent priorities, the vision of the TCoP is to foster outstanding leadership at every level of the NHS and contribute to shifting local culture that improves lives in local communities. The activities and work of the TCoP will support the delivery of the NHS People Plan and the NHS People Promise operating in line with key elements of the NHS Leadership Compact – our Leadership Way members will:
• Be inclusive, promote equality and diversity and will always challenge discrimination
• Be kind and treat each other with compassion, courtesy and respect
• Collaborate with fellow members, forming strong partnerships to achieve the aims and priorities of the TCoP
• Celebrate success, promote and share best practice and support members to be their best
- Talent Leads from NHS and Social Care organisations across the east of England
• We have an agreed shared purpose which we regularly review and update
• We demonstrate our values of inclusive collaborative working and have a mindset of sharing and deploying our talent
• We support the growth and ambitions of our services to our patients across health and social care
• We are non-hierarchical and empower members to make changes take responsibility and for setting our own agendas and running our TCoP
• We make sure agendas and topics for wider discussion are linked to our core work
• We keep up to date with new developments and inspire each other to think differently
• We foster and support new initiatives and by doing so create and spread new knowledge, practices and capabilities as well as creating a safe place to share our successes and learning
• We convene a vibrant, innovative learning community and utilise evidence-based approaches together with responding collectively to our greatest talent management challenges
• We influence local, regional and national talent management agendas
We make the best use of wide range of communication channels including regular updates, social media groups, teleconferences and face-to-face events which are co-developed, planned and well facilitated by the community. We influence local, regional and national Talent Management agendas.