Developing Future Executive Directors
Investing in the right learning and development can have a transformational effect on you and your career.
The Accelerated Director Development Scheme (ADDS) is a unique partnership between health and care organisations across Hertfordshire and west Essex ICS, designed to identify, develop and accelerate the careers of our talented future leaders.
It brings together potential leaders expected to work at executive level from each partnership organisation, sponsored by their chief executives. The scheme seeks to support equity of opportunity and diversity within the participants. The programme itself provides a bespoke leadership development opportunity that prepares you for that executive director role within 9 – 24 months.
Is ADDS for you?
- ADDS is for you if you are an aspirant director working one below board at band 8C and above or equivalent across health and care.
- And have the following:-
- Ambition and motivation to commit to your leadership development and career progression.
- Commit to undertaking every stage of the programme
- Commit to undertaking the opportunities ADDS has to offer
Purpose and Context
The purpose of ADDS is to:
Develop executive directors to lead organisations and the Hertfordshire and west Essex Integrated Care System to:
• Create a health and care system fit for the future, with services designed and transformed to join up around the people who use them
• Make changes that will benefit everyone who lives and works in our area
• Align to the 4 Pillars of the NHS People Plan
• Create a sense of belonging to the NHS and care sector
• Create new ways of working and delivering care
• Grow for the future
• Aligned to our Leadership Way by developing inclusive compassionate, curious and collaborative leaders
The overall aim of the ADDS is to identify, develop and prepare aspirant directors to progress from operational to strategic leadership, working across organisational boundaries, and to progress to an executive director level role within 9-24 months of starting the scheme.
- Developing proven fair and inclusive diagnostics and high potential leader assessment processes
- Delivering innovative, high impact transformative learning
- Development of vibrant professional networks that work collaboratively to achieve service outcomes and improve patient care across traditional boundaries
- Providing Alumni with opportunities to lead system-wide initiatives and access challenging and stretching experiential learning opportunities
- Participants being appointed to executive director level roles within 9-24 months
To access the Cohort 6 Nomination Process click here: ADDS Cohort 6 Nomination, Assessment & Development Process
To access the ADDS Participants pages click here: https://eoe.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/adds-participant-area/