Developing Future Senior Leaders and Executive Directors
Investing in the right learning and development can have a transformational effect on you and your career.
The Accelerated Director Development Scheme (ADDS) is a unique partnership between health and care organisations across Hertfordshire and west Essex ICS, designed to identify, develop and accelerate the careers of our high potential leaders to senior system leader roles within 9-24months.
ADDS brings together leaders from across the ICS providing a wide offering of individualised, challenging and stretching system leadership development opportunities.
The scheme seeks equity of opportunity and diversity amongst participants.
ADDS can accelerate the achievement of your professional ambitions.
Is ADDS for you?
- ADDS is for you if you are an aspirant senior system leader currently working one level below board at band 8C and above or equivalent across health and care.
- And have the following
- Ambition and motivation to commit to your leadership development and career progression.
- Commit to undertaking every stage of the programme
- Commit to undertaking the opportunities ADDS has to offer
Purpose and Context
The purpose of ADDS is to:
Develop senior system leaders to lead organisations and the Hertfordshire and west Essex Integrated Care System to:
- Create a health and care system fit for the future, with services designed and transformed to join up around the people who use them
- Make changes that will benefit everyone who lives and works in our area
- Align to the 4 Pillars of the NHS People Plan
- Create a sense of belonging to the NHS and care sector
- Create new ways of working and delivering care
- Grow for the future
- Aligned to our Leadership Way by developing inclusive compassionate, curious and collaborative leaders
The overall aim of the ADDS is to identify, develop and prepare aspirant leaders to progress from operational to strategic leadership, working across organisational boundaries, and to progress to senior system leader roles within 9-24 months of starting the scheme.
- Developing proven fair and inclusive diagnostics and high potential leader assessment processes
- Delivering innovative, high impact transformative learning
- Development of vibrant professional networks that work collaboratively to achieve service outcomes and improve patient care across traditional boundaries
- Providing Alumni with opportunities to lead system-wide initiatives and access challenging and stretching experiential learning opportunities
- Participants being appointed to executive director level roles within 9-24 months
To access the Cohort 7 Nomination Process click here:https://eoe.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/?page_id=80
To access the ADDS Participants pages click here: https://eoe.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/adds-participant-area/