The Mary Seacole programme is an innovative and inspirational leadership development programme from the NHS Leadership Academy. This programme is for first-time leaders in health and care. It’s for you if you are in a ‘leadership role with responsibilities for people and services, and able to relate what you learn to your workplace.
The programme provides the balance between learning the theory and putting it into practice, empowering you to turn your success into consistent team success and to champion compassionate patient care
Mary Seacole Local
The Mary Seacole Local programme gives organisations the flexibility to offer a local, high-quality, nationally recognised leadership development programme aimed at those newly in or aspiring to be in a formal first time leadership role.
Our partner organisations are: Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust, East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, Health Education England, MSB Group (Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust) Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, Provide (Community Interest Company)
By working with these organisations, we will:
- Provide a first leader programme of exceptional quality; the design and deployment of which an individual organisation would be unlikely to be able to fund alone
- Enable organisations to deliver a programme close to the frontline, with local context in the local setting
About the programme:
Who’s the programme for?
- Looking to move into your first leadership role
- Newly in a ‘formal’ position of leadership with responsibilities for people and service
- Able to relate what you learn to your workplace
- 6 month focused and flexible programme
- 100 hours (approx) of online learning and online discussion groups
- 1/2 day induction and 3 experiential classroom workshops
- Personalised HLM 360 degree report and feedback
- 1 written assignment
- Knowledgeable facilitators drawn from a select team across Essex
- On average 20 hours commitment per month
In order to apply for the place for the Mary Seacole programme please have a conversation with your manager in the first instance and make sure you have the organisational sign off.