- This event has passed.
Understanding your impact on others
UNDERSTANDING YOUR IMPACT ON OTHERS
Leaders may work at getting communications right, yet many are unaware that the impact they are having on others is different from their intention. Often, they do not realise they are unconsciously undermining messages by small things they do and say. This half-day course enables leaders to adapt communications to their audience’s needs, rather than to rely on merely giving information, and to ensure that their “micro” messages are compatible with their “macro” ones. Run by Angela Blacklaw and Nicki McKay.
- Some of the differences we experience in workplace populations;
- The small things we say and do that make people around us feel included, appreciated and respected – or excluded, undermined and disempowered;
- Understand how our brains interpret social stimulus in terms of threat and reward;
- Communication issues are brought to life with via forum theatre techniques, an innovative, engaging and practical way of allowing participants to develop understanding and skills, while avoiding the discomfort of taking part in role-play.
- appreciate the unconscious and unintended impact that leaders’ behaviours can have;
- consider how to adapt their style to meet different people’s needs;
- be alert to any difference between their intention and the impact they are actually having; and
- be able to adjust their communications accordingly.
Webinar Session – this session will be run on Microsoft Teams:
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : EoE Talent Team