- This event has passed.
This masterclass is open to health and care staff working across systems in the East of England region.
Sarah Cruise is passionate about the art and science of communication. She collects research from areas such as psychology and neuroscience, along with her practitioner’s experience from the performing arts, to fill her bag of tricks, tips and advice.
The act of persuading and influencing is complex and goes way beyond personal impact and communication. Some outcomes such as: influencing the adoption of new ideas, modifying behaviours, or changing preconceptions attitudes or opinions; require a longer-term strategic approach to ensure success. This masterclass examines these complexities and provides ideas and techniques for planning an effective persuasive campaign.
- Examine the persuasive process and a logic model for persuasion planning
- Understand the two routes of influence, how to maximise both
- Explore a selection of tools and techniques to enhance successful persuasion
- Recognise the importance of understanding resistance, identify possible barriers to success and practice models for handling these effectively
- Consider the application of knowledge and skills on their own scenarios
The session will be facilitated virtually via Zoom. It will run for 90 minutes with an additional 30 minutes for further questions.
- You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : East of England Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team