- This event has passed.
We spend about a third of our lives asleep on average – when you’re sleeping normally you don’t even think about it yet when it goes wrong sleep can become an all-encompassing obsession. Most people will have experienced the panic of not being able to get to sleep or waking in the middle of the night and finding it hard to return to sleep, at some point in their lives.
Sleep deprivation can cause serious problems in all areas of our lives and has a negative impact on work performance and relationships. We have more difficulty concentrating, learning, and communicating when we get poor or inadequate sleep. Poor sleep results in reduced energy levels, irritability, an increased risk of depression and anxiety and difficulty in focusing and concentrating.
This session will help you learn more about the science of sleep, some common sleep problems and evidence- based ways of improving your sleep. A lot of the things we think we know about sleep are wrong so we will dispel some unhelpful myths too.
During the session we will learn about:
• the importance of sleep
• the causes of sleep issues
• sleep physiology
• good sleep practice
• strategies for improving your sleep
- You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.