Mentoring Skills Programme – Session A
Please note – you will need to attend a part A and part B session (not necessarily simultaneously, yet in order) to gain your certificate of attendance. To find the alternative dates for session A, all session B, and for more information on this programme please visit our dedicated page here
Our two-part Mentoring Skills Programme is for you if you are:
- An experienced mentor looking to top up your skills.
- A mentor on mentor.net, yet, lacking mentees.
- Thinking of becoming a mentor because:
- you’ve just stepped off a programme like ‘Ready Now’.
- you’re thinking of taking part in reciprocal mentoring.
- you’re thinking of taking part in the reciprocal mentoring for inclusion programme.
- You’re thinking of taking part in reverse mentoring.
- you think you’d be a great mentor and simply want to give it a go.
Session A will:
- Look at the different ‘Schools’ of mentoring, considering the similarities and differences in each
- Look at the definition, skills and attitudes of being a mentor (i.e. the job description of a mentor)
- Discuss the co creation of the mentoring contract
- Think about how to co create a partnership where power differentials are redressed to enable the right work to take place
- Explore psychological safety and what that means in mentoring relationships
In between Session A&B
You will be asked to seek out a mentoring style conversation to enable you to bring your lived experience back to the virtual training room for sharing and reflective learning (only themes will be worked with, no confidential data).
The Programme will be facilitated by Lesley Cave who is an experienced Coach, Mentor and Trainer and Facilitator. Lesley will guide these experiential sessions drawing on her experience of mentoring across the public & charity sectors. She will share tips and tricks to getting the most out of your mentee whilst ensuring they walk away with the support, they were seeking from you as their mentor.
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : East of England Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team
Please complete the questionnaire.
You might receive a "ticket" confirming your booking.
You will receive an email from [email protected] containing the joining instructions 7-14 days before the session
Please complete the questionnaire. You might receive a "ticket" confirming your booking on the waiting list. If a space become available, you will receive an email from [email protected] containing joining instructions 7-14 days before the session.