Mentoring Skills Programme, facilitated by Lesley Cave -. This program is specifically targeted at new and developing mentors. The sessions will be interactive, bring you up to date with current thinking and will afford you the opportunity to reflect on your practice as a mentor, whilst gaining or topping up your skills in key areas of mentorship so you can Mentor with confidence and make a real difference!
In this programme, you will:
- Look at the different ‘Schools’ of mentoring, considering the similarities and differences in each
- Look at the definition, skills, and attitudes of being a mentor (i.e. the job description of a mentor)
- Discuss the co-creation of the mentoring contract
- Think about how to co-create a partnership where power differentials are redressed to enable the right work to take place
- Explore psychological safety and what that means in mentoring relationships
- Build key skills and competencies of being a great mentor including
- Listening skills
- Questioning skills
- Moving to action & accountability
- Work on the reflective practice of being a mentor
- Explore Ethical practice
- You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : East of England Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team
Complete the questionnaire to book your space.
Please add this event to your calendar.
You might receive a 'ticket' confirming your booking.
You will receive an email from [email protected] containing the joining instructions 7 - 14 days before the session and then again 1-2 days before.
If you are having issues completing the RSVP section, please try using a different device (such as a mobile phone, tablet, laptop) or platform (such as Chrome or Explorer).
Please complete the questionnaire.
You might receive a 'ticket' confirming your booking onto the waiting list.
If a space becomes available, you will receive an email from [email protected] containing joining instructions before the session.