Listen and Support with Compassion
Via Ms Teams
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Listen & Support with Compassion
Compassion is an oft discussed topic, both within the NHS and other fields. How do you overcome compassion fatigue and what are the real benefits of listening to others with compassion?
This masterclass will take a short dip into defining compassion and the research on compassion towards the self as well as towards others. We will then discuss how to apply G.R.A.C.E. in our interactions with others.
Click here to watch TED talk on Compassion by Joan Halifax.
By the end of the masterclass participants will have:
Discussed their own understanding of compassion
Reflected on the G.R.A.C.E. model of listening with compassion. The GRACE model: Gathering attention, Recalling intention, Attuning to self/other, Considering, Engaging
Identified one action to bring more compassion into their listening.
This workshop is facilitated by Kate Atkin.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team
Online Booking Form