Leading with compassion Masterclass
Leading with Compassion: an interactive, online masterclass
As we all deal with the emotional rollercoaster of Covid19, being compassionate at work is more important than ever. Yet in the face of current pressures, this can be easier said than done.
For many of us, our diaries are packed with screen-based meetings and conversations. For others, we are working directly with patients and colleagues, but with distancing or protective measures. We feel a pressure to cope, deliver, innovate, adapt and be positively future-focused. Yet we’re emotionally drained. We’re facing an extremely uncertain future. We’re missing many aspects of ‘normality’.
Under such pressure, we need understanding and human connection more than ever. And yet under such stress, compassion can quickly evaporate. Despite all our best intentions, creating and leading compassionate cultures in a virtual context is courageous, challenging work.
This Zoom-based interactive masterclass offers you a safe learning space to:
- understand why and how compassion can wane in our virtual working relationships
- apply practical tools to enhance your own compassionate leadership practice
- explore how to model compassionate leadership, even when the pressure is on
- understand why compassion can sometimes feel so difficult
- develop strategies for self-compassion
You’ll be encouraged to consider thought-provoking ideas, share your views, discuss issues with colleagues, reflect on your own team leadership, apply your learning to your own context and ask any questions you have.
The virtual masterclass will be facilitated by Dr Jeanne Hardacre from Impact4Health. Jeanne has deep and extensive experience of working with groups of leaders, individuals and teams, both face-to-face and via virtual platforms. For more information about Impact4Health, see www.impact4.co.uk
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team