- This event has passed.
How to succeed at virtual facilitation
How to succeed at virtual facilitation – a half day workshop for leaders managing remote teams and facilitating groups virtually
In recent times we are all increasingly being required to manage teams, hold meetings and facilitate groups virtually. For many of us not used to working this way, this requires a new set of skills or perhaps a desire to add to our existing virtual facilitation skill set. This short, practical course is designed to give you the knowledge and experience necessary to fulfil the role of virtual facilitator successfully. During this half day course, you will explore the role of the facilitator and have the opportunity to practice some of the practical aspects of virtual facilitation.
You will learn, enhance and develop:
- The protocols for working virtually
- Key facilitation skills
- How to facilitate virtually
- The benefits and challenges of virtual facilitation
- Practical skills for successful virtual facilitation
Groups of up to 12 participants work together through a programme of theoretical knowledge and practical application. The half-day session lasts from 9.30am to 1.00pm with a short 15 minute break. You will go on to create your own personal development plan to continue your progress so that you become an accomplished, confident and successful virtual facilitator. This half day course is led by our senior Associate Andrew Odgers . If you are delivering on objectives that require teamwork from remote workers, this course is ideal for helping develop a strategy whilst giving you practical experience of virtual facilitation.
These sessions will run virtually via Ms Teams.
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
If you have any question about this event please email us on: [email protected]
Questions about this event?
Organiser : East of England Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team