Group Supervision for NHS Coaches: An opportunity to develop your coaching capability and reflect on your practice
Via Ms Teams
• Tue 17th Nov 2020 13:00 – 16:30 – Fully booked
• Wed 20th Jan 2021 13:00 – 16:30 – Fully booked
• Mon 22nd Mar 2021 09:30 – 12:00 – Fully booked
Supervision accessibility requirements
Please note that in order to access supervision funded through the NHS Leadership Academy, Coaches must be registered on Coachnet, actively coaching Coachees who are also registered on Coachnet within the East of England and recording their coaching sessions on Coachnet. This ensures that our resources are utilized in the most effective, appropriate and evidence-based way.
Purpose of coaching supervision
Coaching supervision addresses the skills, understanding and capabilities of the supervisee through the reflection and exploration of the supervisee’s work with their clients. In this exploration, the supervisor helps the coach to:
• understand the client better
• become more aware of their own reactions and responses to the client
• understand the dynamics of coach–client interaction
• examine how they intervened and the consequences
• explore other ways of working with this and other similar client situations.
Coaching supervision provides emotional support, enabling the coach to deal with the intensity of working with clients. Inevitably, coaches will be affected emotionally by being present and empathic with their coaching clients. To remain effective, coaches need to attend to themselves so they avoid over-identifying with their clients or defending against being further affected.
If you have any queries regarding this event please email us on [email protected]
Questions about this event?
Organiser : East of England Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team