- This event has passed.
Disability Confidence Workshop
We are delighted to be working with Disability Rights UK, a registered charity with over 25 years’ experience in the disability and equality field. All courses are delivered by people with lived experience of disability or health conditions. The courses are delivered in a jargon-free and open environment, and are interactive, involving discussion, group work, reading case studies and personal reflection.
Most people acquire their impairment or health condition during adult life so it is important that managers and all staff become more confident when managing and working with disabled people in the workplace.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- What does disability mean to you? – spectrum of human experience, invisible disabilities and the business case for disability equality
- The social model of disability – looking at the ‘problem’ differently and adopting a barriers approach
- The Equality Act – barrier removal, reasonable adjustments and supporting staff from different impairment groups
- Discussion and practical application – dealing with stigma, importance of language, encouraging openness at work, applying the principles to workplace scenarios
NB: Whilst we will try to accommodate as many participants as possible, places are limited and priority will be given to staff working across the East of England.
- You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.