Coaching Skills for Managers – 3 days programme (AM)
Coaching Skills for Managers
This programme is now closed for new applications.
This programme has been designed for team leaders and line managers, from diverse professions and roles, who can develop a coaching approach with managing staff and teams as part of their role.
In this series of three workshops, you will learn how to enhance your ability to coach those around you to become more motivated and find their own solutions.
According to Google “being a good coach” is top of their list of 10 key behaviours of a great manager and leader. Successful managers are those who know how to engage their teams by listening, asking questions, communicating positively and offering constructive feedback.
In our changing dynamic world, managers can’t have all the answers which is why coaching is becoming increasingly important. On top of improving wellbeing, performance and retention, coaching can strengthen employees autonomy and independence and help them to adapt to new challenges and become more innovative.
The good news is you don’t need to invest months or years of your time to develop your coaching skills. This series of three workshops will guide you through the essential skills and provide you with a framework for coaching that you can use formally in performance meetings or informally through coaching conversations in everyday management practice.
The Manager/Leader as A Coach – 24th February 2021 – 09:30 – 12:00 am
- Develop an understanding of being an effective leader and coach
- Developing and using skills around setting expectations and boundaries in your conversations
- Understanding and utilising a coaching model GROW
Essential Coaching Skills – 17th March 2021 – 09:30 – 12:00 am
- Understanding the importance of rapport
- Developing and enhancing listening skills
- Identifying and addressing mental health and keeping yourself and teams safe
Performance, Motivation and Wellbeing – 26th April 2021 – 09:30 – 12:00 am
- Using coaching to manage performance
- Practising your coaching skills
When signing up for this programme please note the expectation that all three webinars are attended.
Via Ms Teams or Zoom
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : Leadership and Lifelong Learning Team