Career Confidence and Banishing the Imposter
Confidence is an often misunderstood phenomenon, as we often only notice it when it is lacking.
However, for some people a display of confidence can be misinterpreted as arrogance. How do you
find the middle ground and indeed should you, particularly when it comes to your career?
But it might not be a lack of confidence which impacts on your career: research indicates that the
imposter phenomenon contributes to a reluctance to move jobs (Grubb and McDowell, 2012),
reduced career planning and a disinclination to take leadership positions (Neureiter and Traut-Mattausch, 2016, Jöstl et al., 2015).
This online masterclass will address some of the beliefs that impact our behaviours and can reduce
or enhance our confidence, together with some strategies to banish the imposter chatter.
By the end of the masterclass participants will be able to:
· Understand which beliefs affect their behaviours and career choices
· Make changes to their self-talk to boost their confidence
· Identify a minimum of three strategies to banish, or at least reduce, their imposter chatter.
This workshop is facilitated by Kate Atkins.
• You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.
Questions about this event?
Organiser : EoE Talent Team
*Complete the questionnaire to book your space.
*Please add this event to your calendar.
*You might receive a "ticket" confirming your booking.
*You will receive an email from [email protected] containing the joining instructions 7-14 days before the session.
Please complete the RSVP questionnaire. You might receive a "ticket" confirming your booking on the waiting list.
Add the date and the time of this event on your calendar.
If a space become available, you will receive an email from [email protected] containing the joining instructions around 7 days before the session.