- This event has passed.
Being a Better Ally to LGBTQ+ People of Colour
We are delighted to be working with Stonewall, who take an empowerment approach to help individuals create more inclusive cultures. Workshops are designed to increase people’s confidence through a blend of education and discussion to help participants better understand the experiences of LGBTQ+ people.
This session will focus specifically on allyship to LGBTQ+ People of Colour, who are often faced with discrimination from both within and outside of the LGBTQ+ community, so it is an important step to educate all staff on the unique experiences people face and how this relates to other aspects of their identity. It also builds on general LGBTQ+ inclusion and allyship sessions, providing a more focused piece of work that colleagues may not often have the chance to be involved with.
- Understand more about the experiences of LGBTQ+ People of Colour in the workplace and in everyday life
- Discuss intersectionality and privilege, what they mean in practice and how they impact on people’s experiences at work
- Develop ideas to step up as an ally to LGBTQ+ People of Colour and ensure your work is inclusive
- You will need a webcam and a headset to fully participate.
• The computer will need to have the sound function on so you can hear and speak at the webinar.
• You will need to be connected to the internet for the duration of the webinar.
• We will send an email with details of instructions for the day to all participants, prior to the date.
• Please note: this webinar may be recorded.