We know that coaching is very useful in supporting leadership development and change management. It is a method of developing an individual’s capabilities using questioning techniques that enable the individual to become more self-aware, resilient, and confident.
The following offers are aimed at leaders and managers at all levels across EoE health and system partner organisations. Whether you are an aspiring manager, would like to re-fresh your skillset, or are new to a formal leadership role these sessions will expand your coaching abilities as a leader and manager through taking part in these offers.
Introduction to Coaching Skills, facilitated by Quiver Management –
This introduction to coaching session is aimed at those who have little or no knowledge or understanding of what coaching is, how it works or where it can be used. To learn about its unique nature and how it can be used in a whole array of everyday and leadership contexts. How it helps people learn and grow in their roles, developing mindsets, knowledge and behaviours through deeper communication. Recognise how coaching can be an approach, tool, language and leadership style, that brings value to employees, patient, leaders, coaches and the organisation itself.
By the end of the 2 hour introduction, participants will be able to:
• Explain what coaching is generally and in relation to leadership
• Show coaching is different from other learning activities, but how they are mutually supporting
• Identify and personally assess their own skills, behaviours and knowledge required to be a coaching leader
• Consider their own roles and teams to identify where coaching can be applied and used.
• Recognise the broad and specific value and behaviours coaching can bring to them, their teams and the organisation
• Consider how the use of coaching might personally benefit their own roles.
• Be inspired to undertake future coaching development