Leading the Way
We will look at the external world of the NHS, the direction of travel and implications for general practice as well as relate these to the internal world of your Practice. We will provide the opportunity to develop your strategic thinking skills and to start developing an outline plan for the future.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
• Have a greater understanding of the NHS and local government system and the key decision makers
and the direction of travel with special regard to the implications for general practice;
• Be able to map the local health economy and identify those relationships which will be critical to the practice’s future success;
• Have learned strategic thinking techniques to help Practices develop practical plans for the future which can be used to help build collaboration with other practices.
The Garden Room
The Red Lion Hotel
42 Station Road (East)
09:30 Welcome, introductions and opening round
• How does the NHS and Local Government System fit together now?
• Who are the key decision-makers?
• What is the direction of travel?
• What are the implications for General Practice?
• What does your local health economy look like?
• Which relationships will be critical to your success?
• What does Strategic Thinking mean in practice?
• What external factors could help or hinder your future?
• What are the strengths and weaknesses of your practice?
• What is the difference between Change and Transition?
• If you knew you are going to be really successful, what would you like your Practice to achieve in the next 2-3 years?
• What do your priorities need to be to get there?
• What do you need to do to ensure you take people with you?
• Developing practical plans of action: What will you do after today?
• Closing Round